CURRENT MOON

Monday, May 26, 2008

My New Name For A Blog


What Cat Chapin-Bishop Said.

Don't tell me that community is important in Paganism. Tell me about finding your first Pagan community, and about that heady rush like first love you felt for it. And about the crushing pain that followed the first betrayal (the leader that was manipulative; the grove member who stole; the coven-mate whose oaths didn't keep her from outing one of you) and how you came to terms with it. How you learned to embrace the Pagan world despite its flaws--or dedicated yourself to eradicating them.

Don't tell me that Pagans find our gods in nature. Tell me about the time you climbed a mountain to celebrate with them, but it turned cold and foggy, and you thought you were lost forever until you spotted that raven that looked at you out of just one eye. Tell me about the taste of the meat from the deer you hunted yourself--or about the look of kinship in the eyes of the possum you accidentally killed, which made you give up meat-eating forever.

Tell me about how hot your sweat lodge was and how thirsty you emerged from it, when you explore whether or not Pagan sweat lodges are cultural appropriation. Tell me about the first time you saw an aura--or the time you were the only one who couldn't see one, in your whole magical lodge--before you tell me about psychic phenomena.


Go read the whole thing. And then, post an answer.

1 comment:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

thank you for this link.I sat reading it thinking oh yes, so true .