CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Ancestors. At Samhein. No One Could Have Anticipated.


So, old news that on Wednesdays I get together w some other women, for ecstatic dance.

Last week and this week, we've been moved to do magic for America. It's one of the great blessings of my life that I get to live with these amazing women, to do magic and fix dinner and do laundry with them, to discuss driving voters to the polls with them.

This week, I've been worried about the racist shit that Palin's been stirring up and the real physical danger to Obama. And, so, that's where I've been directing my magic this week and it's where we dancers (how can you know the dancers from the dance?) directed our magic this evening.

Every morning, I drive past the Teddy Roosevelt Island, a wildlife sanctuary immediately across the river from Washington, D.C. (Are you the leaf, the blossom or the bole?) Every four or five months, I'm blessed to see, in the morning, the bald eagle who fishes snakes and fish and frogs out of the lazy estuary rivulet that forms the Eastern border of the island. (Oh body swayed to music, oh brightening glance) I saw the eagle soaring yesterday morning. It's a gift, it's Grace, it's god pouring god into god. That image figured in my working.

When I call North/Earth/Pentacles, I'm calling ancestors, bears, wolves, foxes, moose, caves, mountains, plains, stones, decomposing bodies, the power to be silent. What I learned, almost by accident, tonight, is that, if you call Obama's ancestors to come protect him, well, they will Show Up. No, really. They. Will. Show. Up. He can be protected from the racist hatred being stirred up against him. His ancestors -- from both sides -- will Show Up and deflect the danger.

I pass this along for others who are doing protective magic for him.

He stays safe through January 20th, when his own Secret Service, loyal to him, can take over. This is my will. So mote it be.

Photo found here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the Secret Service is already on it, but do your thing anyway. Man needs all the protection he can get.

Anne Johnson said...

Thank you for helping me direct my magic toward the protection of Senator Obama.