CURRENT MOON

Monday, May 08, 2006

In Which Your Humble Blogess Plays Cassandra


Starting to see a number of Republican fundraising appeals that warn that if the Democrats seize control of Congress this fall, they will impeach George Bush. That's interesting. I wish I had their faith in the Democrats. They can't be doing this because Bush is so popular. In fact, as I noted last week, conservatives are beginning to move away from him in droves, claiming that he's never "really" been conservative. So I'm thinking it's a bit of a time bomb being planted in case the Democrats do retake Congress and, even less believable, grow a real spine and punish Bush.

They want to be able to say, "See! We told you so! Those hate-filled Democrats, attacking our president "in a time of [undeclared] war! They should be focused on other priorities!"

Which, coming from the folks who impeached Clinton over a blow job, is going to be pretty damn rich.

5 comments:

Ralph Dratman said...

Which, coming from the folks who impeached Clinton over a blow job, is going to be pretty damn rich.

Great. If I had a dollar for every time they have said something rich, I would be rich. Very, very rich.

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»