CURRENT MOON

Friday, June 08, 2007

Habitude

Echoing a theme that Atrios often sounds, Miniver Cheevey asserts that: "We have to start digging our way out of the suburbs right away." He's likely right. I live seven miles outside of Washington, D.C., in the suburbs of north Arlington, Virginia. It's perfect for me, but I'm a weird bird, a happily single woman who needs at least a bit of Earth upon which to garden, which I wouldn't get in the city. Faced with the choice, I'd move farther away from the city, as long as I could have internet and wifi and FedEx.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Satellite Internet ain't too bad. I know lots of people here in Taos County who have it. And FedEx goes up and down all the dirt roads. Bottom line: you could be anywhere, except for needing the lawyerin' outlet.

Plenty of witches in el Norte, boy howdy. Always have been.