CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Travel


I had dinner with two of my very dearest friends in the whole world last night and I remembered just how liberating it is to sit and talk with the people who really understand you, who provide you with endless reasons to admire them, who will call your name at Samhein when you are gone. Once, in my wicked youth and childhood, I must have done something good.

At one point, we got to talking about: Where would you travel to if money and time were no object? Both E and S are better travelers than I, and they both had lists of more exotic places than I have. With my moon in Taurus, which S kept insisting was no excuse for me, I like to stay home, living my well-ordered life, among my lovely things. But if money were no object, which, I admit, can make travel much more palatable, there are two places that I'd like to go to before I die.

I'd like to be in Sweden, home of my maternal ancestors, on Litha, when the sun shines all day and all night long and people hop in boats to go across the water to Denmark to buy beer, when they go to small cottages in the mosquito-infested woods and entertain their neighbors.

And, I'd like, in deep midst of deepest winter, to see the Aurora Borealis when the dancing sky is at its peak, which apparently happens every 17 years.

Where would you go, if you could go first class, if money and time were no object, if the urge to travel overtook your love of staying home, tending your garden, drinking a cup of tea?

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Scandinavia, too. Back to Sedona and the vortexes.

Any mountain, anywhere, any time.

I love travel. I will go wherever, whenever I can.

Anonymous said...

I would love to visit Peru, first Machu Picchu and then spend time on the beach sipping coca infusions.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

I'd love to see Anatolia and Malta- neither of which I've visited outside a travel brochure.

Love,
Terri in Joburg

Anne Johnson said...

I would start in Maine and work my way through the Appalachian mountains right down to Georgia. It's the only thing I ever want to do.

Anonymous said...

For me, Ireland. I want to stand on the Cliffs of Moher. I want to drink from a holy well and leave flowers for my mother, Bride. This year, I'm off to Venice, before they turn into a theme park.

Anonymous said...

I, too, have a Taurus moon and love my own place best. I'd love to visit Wales and Scandinavia---homes of some of my ancestors. But first, I'd like to travel by water to Alaska from my own beloved Nor'west. Something about those cold waters and snowy mountains just calls to me.