CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Was Not Angry Since I Came To France.


I am so sorry that I voted for Barack Obama. Not that I had a choice (thanks, sexists!) and not that I wouldn't vote for him again over McCain/Palin, but what a sorry excuse for a Democrat he is.

The Obama administration is backing the Vatican’s claim to immunity from lawsuits over sexual abuse by US priests. In a brief filed with the Supreme Court last week, the administration’s solicitor general’s office says an appeals court wrongly allowed an alleged abuse victim to proceed with a lawsuit against the Vatican. The plaintiff’s suit says the Vatican should be held responsible for transferring the priest to Oregon despite previous allegations of abuse.

Fuck this shit.

/Hat tip to Quentin Composin in comments at Eschaton.

Picture found here.

4 comments:

Apuleius Platonicus said...

oh. crap. i wish i hadn't read this.

Hecate said...

Apuleius,

Exactly how I felt.

Apuleius Platonicus said...

and i really do think that it is not just sour grapes to assume that She would not have done this. i have been trying to avoid the whole sour grapes thing. health care helped. this doesn't.

Makarios said...

". . .they do offend our sight. . . ."

And for much the same reason.