CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

My New Name for a Blog


What Sara A. Said.
"Most witches don't believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don't believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman." ~ Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I was a cute little witchlet armed with a copy of The Spiral Dance in one hand and The White Goddess in the other. I dove in, like you do, with exuberance. Reading Tarot! Casting spells! Trance journeys! Rituals! Meditations! Communing with trees! I did a self-dedication rite that I wrote myself! My awesomely shiny ear-wet witchiness was a sight to behold.

Possibly because I was kicking up such a fuss, a being started talking to me. She said I should call her Rowan.

"Are you THE GODDESS?" I asked.

"No, I'm something you can talk to," was the reply.

"Well, how come I don't get to talk to the real thing?" I wanted to know.

Suddenly, I was aware of the vast, cosmically profound black and starry depths of the Universe, and the intelligence that permeates it all, an intelligence so immense and complex that it is impossible to apprehend even how immense, complex, and profound it really is, only that the least touch from it overwhelms.

My brain did that thing that computers do when you try to run too much information through them. I blue-screened. *BOGGLE BOGGLE BOGGLE BOGGLE*

. . . then it went away. Rowan said, "That's why."

You should definitely read the whole thing.

Hat tip: Angela Raincatcher

Picture found here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the description! Bluescreen boggle boggle. That encounter is indeed wondrous. I also got a sense of the whole prism of energies (gods/ archetypes/ indwelling). The whole thing is duly summarized (for me) in the word, "Namaste."

Don't know if you've read JSam's piece on Heyokah energy/archetype, I found it here and posted about (Sep'10) here. Thing about a good Heyokah, is that if he is does not present himself as the object lesson, he debriefs you so you come away more whole and quickened as a result.

I wonder, when I come across things like this,
what kind of energy are we talking about?

I mean, a) It boggles the mind; b) It's a trixie way of playing semantics to teach a lesson (even if it is an objectifying one); or c) Is it just something unholy, disrespectful and of a universe of which we would prefer not be a part, if we had our way about it?

WitchDoctorJoe said...

A simply Awesome post. I have had one of those "that's why" Moments myself and have come to appreciate someone to talk to. BB.

Laurie Brown said...

Oh, my. I resemble that post... much to my embarrassment!

I feel that Pratchett has gotten witchcraft described better in the Tiffany Aching books better than anyone else I've read. All four of the books have it, but when I read the last one, I wanted to take it and show it to all my friends who aren't witches and say "Read this! You'll get where I'm coming from finally!"

Blade & Cauldron said...

love her description of it as a bluescreen moment