CURRENT MOON

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday Akhmatova Blogging


I don't know if you're alive or dead

I don't know if you're alive or dead.
Can I look for you on earth,
Or, only when the sunsets fade,
Mourn you serenely in my thought?
All is for you: the daily prayer,
The sleepless heat at night,
And of my verses, the white
Flock, and of my eyes, the blue fire.

No-one was more cherished, no-one tortured
Me more, not
Even the one who betrayed me to torture,
Not even the one who caressed me and forgot.

1915

4 comments:

olvlzl said...

Hecate your Akhmatova series is one of the best services to poetry on line. If I wore a hat it would be off to you.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»