CURRENT MOON

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My Wish List


OK, so first, I want an end to global climate change and the institution of a culture that values the imminant divinity of our Planet.

And, second, I want world peace.

And, third, I want a Washington, D.C. restaurant critic who, you know, reviews restaurants in, well, Washington, D.C. (Where have you gone, Phyllis Richman, a city turns its lonely eyes to you. Wooo, wooo, wooo.)

But fourth, definitely fourth, I want Robin Givhan to get a career to which she is more suited, say, perhaps, saleslady at Gap, and for the WaPo to hire a style writer who (1) has a sense of style and (2) can write.

Exhibit A for the prosecution:

Sandra Oh wore a frothy lilac ruffled gown by Vera Wang. And then she embarked on fashion anarchy by piling on a mass of gold and platinum chains and sparkling ropes. Oh described the jewelry as being a blend of a czarina and Run-D.M.C. The effect was fabulous if only because of that description.

Your Honor, the prosecution rests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um...I don't get it.

If the gown described is the gown in the picture, then it's about as lilac as I'm the Queen of Romania.