1. James Carville should shut the fuck up. He's sleeping with the enemy and he hasn't done shit for the Democratic party in, oh, a decade or so.
2. Dobson, Falwell, et al. should shut the fuck up. They don't speak for a majority of Americans who were disgusted by the Terry Schiavo incident that began Bush's serious slide into lower-than-low approval ratings and, this time around, they couldn't even deliver enough voters in South Dakota to save the state's criminalization of abortion, much less the voters to keep the Congress in Republican hands. They're useless, worn-out tools of the patriarchy and they need to shut the fuck up.
3. Chris Matthews needs to shut the fuck up. His sexist comments about women's voices tell us all that we need to know about him. He's an idiot who spews from the darkest corners of his id and he needs to shut the fuck up.
4. The oil companies and other global-climate-change deniers need to shut the fuck up. Americans understand that the planet is dying. You had your chance, about twenty years ago, to develop alternative sources of energy. You chose not only not to do so but to fight those who wanted to. You got us into this damn mess. Now shut the fuck up.
5. Karen Hughes needs to shut the fuck up. Condi Rice needs to shut the fuck up. Laura Bush needs to shut the fuck up.
6. Ann Coulter needs to shut the fuck up and go to jail for voter fraud.
7. Colin Powell, quit biding your time. It's come and gone. You need to shut the fuck up.
8. Nancy Reagan, quit being a tool for racist fucks like G. Felix Allen, Jr. who oppose stem cell research. Shut the fuck up.
9. Rudy Giuliani, shut the fuck up. You are so pre-11/7.
10. Pope Ratzi, shut the fuck up. I haven't forgotten what you did in 2004. Stay quiet. Stay very, very quiet.
I'm a woman, a Witch, a mother, a grandmother, an eco-feminist, a gardener, a reader, a writer, and a priestess of the Great Mother Earth. Hecate appears in the
Homeric Ode to Demeter, which tells of Hades who caught Persophone
"up reluctant on his golden car and bare her away lamenting. . . . But no one, either of the deathless gods or of mortal men, heard her voice, nor yet the olive-trees bearing rich fruit: only tenderhearted Hecate, bright-coiffed, the daughter of Persaeus, heard the girl from her cave . . . ."