CURRENT MOON

Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Great Way To Start A Book


In the course of my life, I have received some exquisite gifts. I have known love that melts your very bones, leaving the soul a shimmering pool of aching serenity. I've tasted death, I've seen its landscapes, and I've given birth. I've felt the pain that skids the mind in an endless crushing thrum; I've tumbled with the laughter of its release. I've known the warmth of my parents, the teachings of my bloodline. I've worked with, prayed and danced with, some extraordinary people, priests of different gods, performers, healers, and hermits. In so many ways I seem, in this lifetime of mine, to be forever landing in the most singular places, gazing about me amazed.

~Introduction to Druid Priestess by Emma Restall Orr

No comments: