CURRENT MOON

Monday, July 09, 2007

What Thorn Said


Some days, she's so good that it hurts:

We are only as good as our delusions allow us to be. Sometimes we shine around them, or despite them, or even because of them. Therein lies our work.

Self awareness. Self awareness. Self awareness.

That, and some compassion.

We cannot force the work upon another. We can only make our own attempts.



Not that this is a call to abandon political work; it's not. It's a call to enlightened political work, oxymoron though that may be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Self awareness. Self awareness. Self awareness.

That, and some compassion.

We cannot force the work upon another.


Exactly! In the progressive blogosphere, however, no one wants to hear that. It's all rah-rah and goddamn you if you dare exhibit doubt, detachment, or interest in the spiritual. A mirror image of the right-wing noise machine, cosmologically speaking.

The enlightened political action of which you speak sounds fine. The problem is that virtually no one seems capable of it. I know I can't manage it, that's why I'm NOT taking political action any more: it pulls me into the apocalyptical archetype, and then all chance of awareness goes out with the undertow.

I wrote an essay about this dynamic recently. I think what we're facing is something exquisitely configured to give us the opportunity to evolve. If the paradox didn't exist, we'd have had to invent it, more or less.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Thorn sometimes stops me dead in my tracks and gives me food for a couple of days.

Like the entry before the one you're accessing:

If you can have anything, what do you want today?

Take a breath.


Loved that.

Love,
Terri