CURRENT MOON

Sunday, December 02, 2007

December Woods, Part V

The National Arboretum has miles of wooded walks, a lovely herb garden, a collection of bonsai, and, on a high clear hill, the columns that once graced the nation's Capitol building. I'd love to do a midsummer's full moon ritual there sometime. As I was leaving yesterday, there was a little kid, maybe 8 or 9, with his parents coming up the walk. He'd obviously been there before, but his mom hadn't so he was telling her all about it. He kept saying, "It looks like a Greek temple. When I first saw it, I thought it was a Greek temple. Doesn't it look like a Greek temple?" I wanted to tell him, "Yes. Yes, it does."




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is crazy cool!

VforVirginia said...

I've just GOT to spend a bunch more time exploring that area.

Those columns are, indeed, crazeeeee kuhl.

Hecate said...

nancy and v,

Let me know if you're in town; I'll drive you out there. The whole place is just gorgeous.