CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Hope Of Deliverance





One thing that you realize walking, this time of year, in the woods, is that it's simply not true that the woods are "dead" in winter. Everywhere you look, there are tightly-wrapped, tiny bundles of new growth, all of next Summer's luxuriance, packaged neat and tight and ready to spring forth in the sort of sexual display that would make teenagers and rock stars blush a deep red. And, really, that's what this dark time of year is like for us, or, at least, it seems to me, it should be. The DNA of what we're going to do and accomplish and achieve and become in the Spring, and Summer, and Fall is there, at the tip of our branch, wrapped within leaves, biding its time during the ice storms and dark days and long icy nights.

Lately, I'm thinking more and more about the need for two somewhat contradictory things. First, I'm thinking a lot about actual practical steps that I can take to try and create the world that I want for myself, my sisters, my Son and DiL, my G/Son. Electoral politics, supporting abortion clinics, planting trees. But, second, I'm thinking more and more that what we need is to step completely outside the dominant paradigm, to consider completely new ways of doing things. Because what we've been doing, isn't working. And, if you keep on doing what you've been doing, you're going to keep on getting what you've been getting.

And, likely the answer is: yes.

Blessings to you as you move ever deeper into the dark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I come to read your offerings regularly and I love you. I don't always agree and even at times I turn away but I come back over and over because I love the hopefulness in your words and thoughts.
The United States progressed mars has turned retrograde and will be for another 80+ years. I imagine that we will be thinking more and more about dropping the dominator role. I am hoping and thinking that we will want to take a less prominent position in our hearts and in the world.