CURRENT MOON

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Go!


I am very proud of my friend Sinfonian, who is smart, funny, brave, and an American patriot. Dude, I will even buy you a blueberry vodka (yuck!) shot!

Tell me what a patriot looks like? This is what a patriot looks like:

understand that this is an illegal act under current federal law, but based on my own values and morals, I believe that the war and occupation themselves are illegal and that my decision to conscientiously object to funding these military actions is a necessary act of civil disobedience in order to express my outrage at the federal government’s continued adherence to a dangerous and destructive military strategy. There was, as we now know with certainty, absolutely no defensible reason to invade and occupy Iraq, and while the military operation in Afghanistan arguably was justified by the search for Osama bin Laden, the apparent abandonment of that mission has made our efforts there futile and has created an increasingly unstable environment for their citizens and our soldiers alike.

And, for his work on this issue, I'm also proud of my friend NTodd.

1 comment:

Sinfonian said...

Thanks. I'm incredibly honored that you feel that way about me.

And beer or wine will suffice. :)