CURRENT MOON

Sunday, October 19, 2008

If I Can't Dance, I Don't Want To Be Part Of Your Revolution


Dancing as Liberation

There are countries where it is a punishable crime to dance.

Women must cover their heads,
never riase their voice in song and
never ever display such immoral conduct s dancing.

Those who forbid the dance forbid life.

If they tied me in ropes
Held a gun to my head
And forbid me to dance
I would dance in my head.

If I woke up tomorrow
Without limbs that would move
I would dance in my soul.

If dance were taken from me
I would snatch it back.
I wold dance with my eyes.
I would dance with my breathing.
I would dance completely still.
I would dance with the atoms moving inside me.

I would dance in the mingling of voices around me
Layering transcendence swooping into each other.
I would dance n the red-blushed sky that caresses the tree line.
I would dance on the call of the geese
that cut through the sky above me,
my winged partners in the dance.

If dance was taken from me
I would snatch it back.

I would dance passion.
I would dance pain.
I would dance magick.
I would dance at my labor and dance at my rest.
I would dance my power.
I would dance my palpable joy of existence.

n some countries it is illegal to dance.
It is illegal to display such immoral conduct.

Dancing is an act of liberation.
It is for those who must dance in st

Phtot found here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would join you in Dance

Anonymous said...

Makes me ready to Dance on Wednesday.


Miss Thing was a velcro kitty most of the weekend, btw, first time she actually slept with me.