CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Going Forth By Day


Reading Necropolis Now, which is fast becoming the most talked-about blog in Pagandom, I came across this snippet:

The Book of Going Forth By Day (a.k.a. The Egyptian Book of the Dead). I

I did not know that. I did not know that the Egyptian Book of the Dead was also knows as the Book of Going Forth by Day. But I love that. I love the idea that that's what death is or can be. (Were the Tibetans and the Egyptians the only ones to write Books of the Dead? If so, why is that? I was raised xian and I can't remember any instruction at all on how to conduct myself once dead nor upon what to expect.)

Wicca honors both death and life, both the dark and the light, both the winter and the summer. That's why my compost heap is as important a center of my religious practice as is my altar.

You should check out Necropolis Now's posts on decorative skulls, as well.

1 comment:

Caroline Tully said...

Hi Hecate, wow I'm pretty impressed that you like my blog, Necropolis Now. I like your's as well. I'm pretty new to blogging, I'm planning to put in links to my other favourite blogs on my blog, but I actually don't know how to do it as yet. As soon as I do, I'll be linking to yours.