CURRENT MOON

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday Goddess Blogging


Still musing upon Lilith


SOFT MOON SHINING

My beloved Divine Mother
Dance with me
under the soft moon shining
in the wide open fields
far beyond the toil and trouble
of my busy mind

Dance with me
before the night grows old
while the winds of love
still bow the grasses
and the coyotes howl for you
to step their way

Dance with me my beloved
while the Mystery's Edge
still flirts in the shadow
of your radiant light

From the book Soft Moon Shining by
Ethan Walker III

Art found here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely poem Hecate, and even more lovely statuary...but I'd really rather hear your thoughts/musings on Lilith.

She's the woman I am afraid to think about because it would require becoming strong, as strong as she was. The curse of weakness, of succumbing to the overlay of patriarchy, is absorbing that fear of responsibility to be self-reliant.

--xan

Anonymous said...

For your company this evening.


A fellow atriot has the right idea...

-Mr.M