CURRENT MOON

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Milk of Human Kindness


Maybe there are things that each of us, dead, might prefer to hear said about us. I don't know what they would be.

I stand here today: a priestess, a Pagan, a woman who loves men, women, and transpeople, a twin-spirit, a nerd, a bibliophile, a polyphile, a dancer, a poet, an activist, someone who feels weak and someone who feels strong... Harvey, my closet doors are so wide open, they are yawning, sometimes. People like you have helped me in my quest for honesty and I'm glad to count you among my ancestors of spirit. We chanted your name during the candlelight AIDS marches in the '80s. We have named LGBT centers after you. You and George were ever in our minds. The party continues, as does the work against hate.

Thorn has more, here about the movie Milk, which is getting excellent reviews.

All acts of love and pleasure are rituals of the Goddess.

(Of course, Milk asserted that all "men" are created equal. Fuck that shit.)

Picture found here.

2 comments:

Livia Indica said...

Ha! I've got that magnet on my fridge!

Anonymous said...

I never ever cry at political speeches, and always feel distant from them. Somehow, the MILK movie helped me remember what its like to see a true American hero, someone who really was a man of the people, someone who made such a difference in my life.

And seeing Proposition 6 and Prop 8 in historical context...