CURRENT MOON

Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am not Paul Wellstone or Ted Kennedy, I am not Atrios, I am not Amanda. I don't even play in their league.

I'm an old woman and a hedge witch, a Nonna, and an invisible woman. I did a few good things in my life: I raised a wonderful, kind, decent son who is unfailingly uplifting to people who are lower on the ladder than he is, who has a wonderful sense of humor, and who is, in his own turn, a wonderful, involved, patient father. I appreciated Earthly matter as an act of worship. I won an important national case that made life better for ordinary people. But, beyond that, meh.

But like Atrios and Amanda, I want to say: politicize my death. I am an organ donor so that, even in death, I can keep on doing the things that I think are wonderful to do: to turn the wheel, to exchange energy flows with other manifestations of the Goddess, to leave things a little bit better than I found them. I have a living will and a will and my will leaves some money and things to political people whom I value.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Sounds to me like you've done quite a bit....