CURRENT MOON

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Relevant Poetry Blogging


From "Monster" by Robin Morgan

I want a women’s revolution like a lover.
I lust for it, I want so much this freedom,
this end to struggle and fear and lies we all exhale,
that I could die just with the passionate uttering of that desire…

Oh mother, I am tired and sick
“How do you stop from going crazy?”
No way, sister, no way.
May we go mad together, my sisters.
May our labor agony in bringing forth this revolution be the death of all pain.
May we comprehend that we cannot be stopped.
May I learn how to survive until my part is finished.
May I realize that I am a monster.
I am a monster.
I am a monster.
And I am proud.

– from the poem, Monster, by Robin Morgan, 1971

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thank you.

Just thank you.

Once again, your timing was impeccable.