CURRENT MOON

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shit. Fuck. Damn.


From the DC Code Pink Blog:

Later, in the evening activist, scholar, and writer Riane Eisler arrived and spoke to us after dinner about her philosophy of changing the language from domination to partnership. Riane also generously donated her book The Real Wealth of Nations. She gave us the gift of the tool of knowledge to put forth to action. Riane told us that with our creative and active group she hoped she could contribute through inspiring future actions and would love to hear about them if she did. The group all engaged in a lively conversation following her talk.

My circle sister N. and I debated going to this potluck and decided we were too busy. I would chew off my left arm to meet Eisler, who is one of my true heras.

Shit. I cannot believe that I missed the chance to meet her! Shit!

2 comments:

Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Two of my favorite books of all time are Riane Eisler's "The Chalice and the Blade" and "The Partnership Way." Nearly 20 years ago, when the books came out, I joined a study group on Partnership ideas and enjoyed learning about her ideas. I'm glad she's still actively pursuing her philosophy.

Anonymous said...

Dear new friends of www.futureprimitive.org

Another great interview-podcast. This time a conversation with Riane Eisler,
Riane Eisler is an eminent social scientist, attorney, social activist and best known as author of the international bestseller The Chalice and The Blade: Our History, Our Future, hailed by Princeton anthropologist Ashley Montagu as "the most important book since Darwin's Origin of Species". She is also president of the Center for Partnership Studies, dedicated to research and education:
http://www.futureprimitive.org/GAIAlogues.html#latest

Please listen and give us feedback,
Warm regards
Joanna


Jose Luis G. Soler
Production Assistant
futureprimitive.org
joseluis@futureprimitive.org