CURRENT MOON

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Eating -- All Acts Of Love And Pleasure Are Rituals Of The Goddess


Eating the living germs of grasses
Eating the ova of large birds

the fleshy sweetness packed
around the sperm of swaying trees

The muscles of the flanks and thighs of soft-voiced cows
the bounce in the lamb's leap
the swish in the ox's tail

Eating roots grown swoll
inside the soil

Drawing on life of living
clustered points of light spun
out of space
hidden in the grape

Eating each other's seed
eating
ah, each other

Kissing the lover in the mouth of bread
lip to lip.

~Gary Snyder

Picture found here.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love this! I've never commented before, but I just had to say how wonderful this post is. Its the essence of what I was raised to believe and the one truth that is always with me. Thank you!