CURRENT MOON

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Manic, Alienated Glee. Now, There's A Concept I Can Get Behind



If it pisses the wingnuts off this much, it must be at least pretty good.

For hundreds of years, the [P]agan, communist ideas expressed in this movie circulated among a threadbare group of outcasts with dirty fingernails and greasy hair, who shared their obtuse, occult ideas amongst themselves with manic, alienated glee. Now, James Cameron has made these insane views the major bulwark of a very spectacular movie, but the spectacle does not make these Neo-Marxist views any more coherent, rational or uplifting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No proof about DDT? Geez. Not only a movie critic, but an expert on environmental contamination and chemistry as well.

I am of mixed minds about Avatar as I was about Wall-E: The idea that we are too stupid to live is really depressing and I'm not too excited about spending time being depressed.

At the same time, I hope to hell the message gets through, so I'm rooting for the movie anyway.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Manic, yes. Alenated - most definitely. And I fail to understand why anyone would want to be otherwise with respect to this insane, murderous culture.

Love,
Terri in Joburg

Marya said...

I'm with the Neo-Marxist views too, especially from a threadbare group of outcatsts!

Teacats said...

When my nails are dirty when I work in the garden -- does that count? LOL! May wait to see this movie on DVD -- I hear that the storyline is a bit thin (regardless of what that idiot man is saying!) -- although the special effects are interesting!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage (just an outcast in cast-offs from Goodwill)