CURRENT MOON

Friday, July 30, 2010

Fruits Of The First Harvest


August

~Mary Oliver

When the blackberries hang
swollen in the woods, in the brambles
nobody owns, I spend

all day among the high
branches, reaching
my ripped arms, thinking

of nothing, cramming
the black honey of summer
into my mouth; all day my body

accepts what it is. In the dark
creeks that run by there is
this thick paw of my life darting among

the black bells, the leaves; there is
this happy tongue.

Picture found here.

May your happy tongue enjoy all the fruits of Lughnasadah.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Mmmmm....blackberries. Gorgeous!

Makarios said...

Should go nicely with coeur à la crème.

Thalia said...

I have picked so many of those this year, pints and pints.

Hecate said...

Thalia,

They're my very favorite fruit!

Markarios,

Oh, yes!