CURRENT MOON

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday Garden Blogging



We had a good soaking rain yesterday, a cool misty morning, and then sun. When I got home from work, the Autumn camellias had opened. I think this really is the v last thing that will bloom until either the snowdrops or the hellebores come in after Yule. (I'm interested to see which is first. My bet is on the snowdrops, as another name for hellebore is Lenten Rose, but you have to consider that my hellebores are planted on the Northern exposure and I've (just) planted the snowdrops on the Southern exposure, which likely gives them an advantage.)

What's the last thing to bloom on the land that you love/tend/are the witch of? What's first?

Photo by the author; if you copy, please link back.

2 comments:

Anne Johnson said...

The jewel weed is still in bloom. I don't see why anyone would call it a weed!

susane said...

Thank you for this great site, really variegated good and interesting ideas. Especially keep it up. Good luck
cordially

voyance en ligne gratuite ; voyance amour