CURRENT MOON

Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Sevens

Seven Things to Do Before I Die

1. Learn to fence
2. Learn to play the harp
3. Publish some poetry
4. Still the monkey mind
5. Be Here Now
6. See a woman elected president
7. Pee on George Bush's grave

Seven Things I Can't Do

1. Sing
2. Draw
3. Fix mechanical things
4. Almost anything on a computer beyond type
5. Stop reading all the time
6. Stop myself from editing what I read
7. Keep my mouth shut

Seven Books I Love

1. The Collected Works of Dorothy Parker
2. The Essential Rumi
3. The Collected Works of Mary Oliver
4. The Politics of Women's Spirituality
5. Walking to Mercury
6. The Sparrow
7. The Secret Garden

Seven Things I Say All the Time

1. Shit
2. Fuck
3. Damn
4. Shit, fuck, damn.
5. Hey, Brighteyes!
6. Stoli martini, straight up, two olives and an onion
7. Quand meme

Seven Movies I Watch Over and Over Again

1. Metropolis
2. Flash Gordon
3. The Thomas Crown Affair (both versions)
4. Dark Victory
5. Nosfratu
6. My Dinner With Andre
7. The Lion in Winter

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I have another blog I have to check every day!

Blessed Yule!

oldwhitelady said...

I haven't seen Metropolis. Did Queen do the soundtrack for it?

Anonymous said...

ye gods and little catfishes, how do we get on this and blogabout -can we wear our no fear teeshirts too?

Anonymous said...

Anyone who has music in the heart can sing. Some of us are born with wooden flutes, some with silver flutes. Some of us have a natural "ear," some need ear training. But anyone with a larynx can sing, given the desire. If you want to sing, never let anyone tell you just to mouth the words. (People who tell others not to sing should be forced to listen to Bush's speeches over and over until they repent.)
--Soprano

Anonymous said...

Please tell me Hallmark did not remake Lion in Winter is that grinding sound Kate rolling in her grave. I hope it was hallucination caused by too much channel surfing a four in the morning