CURRENT MOON

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Aw, Shit. I'm Tempted To Buy A Ticket To Paris This Weekend


NYT has a report on Alvin Ailey's recent Paris performances that has me drooling. Damn straight, Ailey is all about sexiness in dance. The company only comes to DC once a year in late January or early February. We always go; it's a family affair. Revelations is one of my all-time, absolute favorite ballets, and I don't care how naive that makes me.

This year, I won't be buying season tickets to the ballet season. I'm sick of paying to see the Kirov do the Nutcracker. Instead, I'm goint to pick and choose what I want to see -- Giselle instead of ensemble pieces, for example -- and I want to see all three or four nights of Alvin Ailey.

And I'm still half tempted to see it in Paris, as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go! You deserve it! Love-Cin

Anonymous said...

Hecate, did you see the Great Performances recently on PBS about the Alvin Ailey company and their new facilities? It was beautiful, and had me dancing around my living room. Of course, I am a dancer wanna-be. Judith Jamison was still stunning.