CURRENT MOON

Saturday, September 30, 2006

First of the Month Bazooms Blogging



It's the first of the month. In addition, it's the first of October. October is national Breast Cancer Awareness month. You're about to see so much pink shit advertised that you'll want to puke. That doesn't mean that you done't need to check your beautiful bazooms.

Women, now is a good time to do a breast self-exam. BSEs are very easy to do. Here's how. BSEs save lives by detecting breast cancer early, when it is easy to cure. If you prefer to do your BSE at a particular point in your cycle, now is the best time to calendar it so that you don't forget.

Men, are there women who you would miss if they were to die from breast cancer? If so, now is the best time to remind your wife, lover, girlfriend, sister, best friend, mother, sister, etc. to do a BSE. Offer to watch the kids or do the grocery shopping while she does a BSE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two comment places... and I followed your link from Eschaton, btw...

-JP
.

ntodd said...

I love this time of the month.

Anonymous said...

A friend has just been diagnosed, she had a lumpectomy last month,(prognosis asgood as it can be). Suddenly every thing is pink everyone has a story (my mum, my sister, my wife, my friend, myself) has had breast cancer. Every magazine has stories, every department store has a range of pink clothing in support of breast cancer. Sorry for the rant. I feel helpless, what can I do? My friend will survive, she has support, love, friends. What causes this plague? Is it just me or is the incidence increasing? I feel like investing in an armoured bra (as if that would help).