CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Fuck You, Jeff Skilling. Fuck You, You Piece of Shit.



I had a really nice day today.

I woke up and it was raining on all the lovely bulbs that I planted yesterday (well, all the daffodil and allium bulbs; the squirrels, I'm sure, have already devoured the two dozen tulip bulbs).

The nice man showed up on the dot of 7:30 for my annual furnace inspection and pronounced my furnace nice and healthy. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I love the furnace in this house. I don't know what it is, but it makes the warmest warmth and it warms my little house up in about two minutes. Miss Thing loves it even more than I do, if that's possible. Warmth. It's a blessing.

I got to work and had a lovely e-mail from a former paralegal who's doing really well in the world of politics and is loving his life. I did a spot of work.

I took Son to lunch at Agua Ardiente, and had gazpacho, rack of lamb, and naranja poached in Grand Mariner & vanilla ice cream, with a glass of Sangria. Not the best Spanish restaurant in D.C., but better than Matlin & Carvelle's place that used to occupy this space.

Went back to work, went to the gym, came home to my nice (warm!) little cottage and had homemade vegetable soup and a Stoli martini while reading holiday cards from old friends.

And do you know what made all of it 100% nicer? Knowing that Jeff Skilling reported to jail today.

Every day, for the next however many years, no matter what kind of day I have, I'm going to say to myself, "Hecate, Darling. Jeff Skilling is still in jail. Have another martini." And then, I will. And Jeff Skilling won't, because they don't serve martinis in jail.

Bwhahahahah!

4 comments:

Mr.Murder said...

Countdown to Pardon, should be the start of keith Olbermann's first segment of the night.


He can count down the days until Enron's embellzers gain "time off for good behavior" or before they get dubya's pardon...


Months, or even weeks away!

donna said...

If only the entire Bush assministration could join him there....

Anonymous said...

*snerk* *chuckle* Hm, you do indeed have a point.

Anonymous said...

hermes outlet
cheap jordans
off white outlet