CURRENT MOON

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Stone Soup


Kim Antieau's recent post about cooking and eating:

We sat at our Big River table and talked and ate and talked and ate. Two soups, even though I'd made three. We squeezed lime into both soups. Added cilantro. I sucked on lime slices. Dropped lime slices into the lentils, pulled them out, and sucked on them. Michelle had brought hummus made from sprouted garbanzos and sesame seeds. We dunked fresh greens and steamed veggies with garlic into them. We ate tofu cheesecake with a strawberry topping and/or plums Michelle had canned.

reminded me of my dinner Wednesday night.

On Wednesdays, my madcap friend R. and my v. creative friend K. and I get together for an evening of ecstatic dance and a simple, healthy dinner. Well, that's how it started out, at least. Lately, the dinners have been getting more and more elaborate. Last night, I made green smoothies. R. fixed tofu w/ a lovely sauce, some tomato, some onion. K. brought chesses studded w/ cranberries and flavored w/ vodka. And apricots. All in all, we generally wind up having my favorite meal of all: Stone Soup. On my screen porch. Seasoned with discussion and friendship.

I am blessed .

May it be so for you.

No comments: