CURRENT MOON

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Spoiler Alert!


Off to soak in a tub of olive oil and Black Phoenix scent, while reading Harry Potter.

Here's my prediction and you can laugh at me if I'm wrong. It occurred to me this morning that Hermonie must be the one who dies. She's the Hillary Clinton of Hogworts, "quite the most brilliant witch of her generation." Chicks like that can never be allowed to live.

Wish me luck and discipline; I really don't want to stay up all night. Really.

PS: You know that you want to soak in this. You know that you do:

Witch-herbs, crushed golden flowers, and a man-made-dragon's surly musk lightened by the scent of the blossoms and unearthly incense that clings to the Faerie Queen's hair. Dragon's blood musk, ambergris, sunflower, chrysanthemum, muguet, and rue, with gingered lily, moonflower, bluebell, peony, nightwort, and white rose.

Black Phoenix should make a Hermonie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy!!! The bath and the book. I read my copy yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I have never purchased their oils, though I am guilty of perusing their page with lust in my heart. I think that a line of Harry Potter oils would be very appropriate and honestly fly off their shelves

Mama Kelly

Anonymous said...

Before the fifth book, when everybody was saying that some character was going to die, I thought that. In fact, my daughter read the book before I did, and I said, "Don't spoil it, but tell me if Hermione dies, because if she does, I'm not going to bother reading it." She assured me that Hermione doesn't, and I read it, but to my mind, that was the beginning of the downhill slope of the books, and I could barely force myself to finish the sixth one.

I agree with your analysis; even though Rowling is a woman, she doesn't have much use for a bright, capable woman character.

Anonymous said...

Hermione is a great character...but Rowling doesnt seem to know what to do with her. I did find that disappointing. No spoilers here for any who havent finished reading yet.

Our local bookstore did give "Hermione" first prize at the costume contest at the Book 7 release party. and a second to Luna Lovegood!)

cgreen