CURRENT MOON

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Shekina Mountainwater


May the Goddess guard her. May she find her way to the Summerlands. May her friends and family know peace. Shekina Mountainwater inspired me when I desperately needed inspiration. Goddess guard you on your passing, Lady, Goddess guard you. There's incense burning on my altar tonight for you.

Sia adds: The sisters who are with her today have dressed Shekhinah in her ritual robes and surrounded her with rose petals from her garden. It was exactly the way she'd always said she wanted her final moments to be.

Those same sisters are now singing over her body, and soon they will conduct the ritual washing of the body as they prepare her to go back into the arms of the Mother
.

Oh, when I die, dress me in the black gown with the hecate trim. Surround me with herbs from my garden. Tell some jokes. You don't need to wash me; my Mother will take me dirty. Drink all my good wine. Scritch my good, grey cat. Turn on all the lights.

Shekina, thank you for being there to light the way. Cross gently over, Lady; here's a coin for the ferryman and here's dry shoes for the marshy soil. Well met, to die at the dark of the moon. Merry meet, and merry part, and merry meet again.

1 comment:

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Blessings be upon her.
I never knew her in this life, but from her pictures she looks enough like me to be my genetic sister as well as my spiritual one.

I'm so happy about the way she passed-quite apart from having her sister-priestesses around her, giving her a fitting passage (and that's the first time I've heard about that happening in America), she chose to go home just at the dark of the moon as you noted.

Today is a feast day of Hecate,and I will wear my finest black and silver in honour of Her, and the part of Her who has just left us.

Love,
Terri in Joburg