CURRENT MOON

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Old White Men's Heads 'Aspoding.


Yeah.

What Digby said: Hillary goes to her alma mater and says that her education at the women's college prepared her to do battle with the political boys club and the gasbags' eyes roll back in their heads and they start drooling and whining that she's she's broken the rules.

Well boo fucking hoo. The rules are changing. Get used to it.

Half of this country is female and they've noticed, in case these manly men haven't, that presidential politics is a very exclusive a boys club and we don't find it all that odd to mention it. Certainly, if it's ok for politicians to literally walk around with a codpiece to show their masculine bona fides, I don't think it's out of line for a female candidate to speak to a younger generation of women at her college and take a little bit of pride in the institution and her own accomplishments --- since she does happen to be the first serious female contender for president in the whole history of the country. Excuse me for thinking she has the damned right to do it.


What Matt Stoller said: I'm going to enjoy watching the male spasms of cowardice unleashed if Clinton wins, as she's sworn in and represents the more than half the population that is interrupted on a regular basis by men.

And, what Atrios said: [W]hite males are the most aggressive practitioners of so-called "identity politics" and always have been.

I swear that if Hillary is elected, I am going to enjoy every single minute of her entire term just for the agony that it's going to cause the sexist assholes who can't understand that we are almost an entire goddamn decade into the twenty goddamned first goddamned century and it's time for this bullshit to fucking stop fucking now. Really, I am.

And I'll note that white men like Matt Stoller, and Atrios, and Son, who hate this sexist bullcrap almost as much as I do, give me immense hope for the future.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

She's breaking away from the field, and although I really like several of the other candidates, it does my heart good to see Hillary keep it together.

(Wellesley '66)