CURRENT MOON

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Late August Garden





The daisy gardenia bushes that Landscape Guy and I put in this Spring are having a second round of blossoms. Daisy gardenias aren't quite as lovely as the fuller varieties, but they smell just as wonderful and they're hardier up here in Zone 7. Another white flower with an amazing scent is the Aphrodite hosta. Most hostas aren't much for blossoms, but the Aphrodite is great.

One of the more difficult things for me is to discipline myself in the garden to a particular color scheme -- I want some of EVERYTHING -- but I'm glad that I've managed to stick to "White and Really, Really Dark." And I've become an even bigger fan of white flowers than I was when Landscape Guy and I started out. I even love how kind of creepy and Victorian/Goth/Sad they get as they fade.

What's flowering for you as we ride into Mabon?

No comments: