CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday Poetry Blogging


Nights
Joseph Spece

I
As with Franz Marc's Deer in the Forest:
one fawn is always closer to the Cubist
fragment of back and foreground than others, closer
to evolution through rupture.

II
Lowly as gum, and with the same ruminant
consistency, I stood hitched to your bruises.
The hue of the thether so violet-black
I thought myself second to a king.

III
Being a starfish radially cut down
to a single chunk. Then:
to grow back incidentally a person
without the viscera prone to othering.

IV
The immolated dusk of a rich October.
And a dryad's long shadow recalls twice
the split xylem heart of her
owned sycamore.

V
Aplomb & Interior. And I've kept the dark soft and full for you
as flowers or red melon on the verge of spoil.


Volume CXVIII, No.1

Poem found here.

Picture found here.

No comments: