CURRENT MOON

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thrive



I woke up this morning to see the squirrels digging holes all over my front lawn, burying the first of this year's acorns. I love to watch them, even though I know they're not good for my lawn. Isn't it funny how some people say that humans are the only animals that "plan ahead" and "understand temporality"? The squirrels were having so much fun doing what they do. It made me think.

There are a lot of really crappy things going on in the world right now. It can be easy to forget that we do have cause to celebrate, as well. HoJo Lieberman got his ass handed to him by the bloggers and netroots this week. The polls for this November could hardly be more promising. A mere 33 percent of Americans approve of George Bush's handling of EVERYTHING from the war in Iraq to his dog Barney. Thanks primarily to Al Gore, more and more people are waking up to the need to take global climate change seriously.

And, it's Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a little one who dances just like this on my mailbox, peering into the kitchen window, sending intense thoughts of "you will get the walnut now and give it to me." I am their slave. It's pitiful.