CURRENT MOON

Monday, March 05, 2007

George Bush Doesn't Like Black People


My brilliant friend Elizabeth, author of the best football blog in the world, keyed me into this:

Five days in this motherfucking attic
I can't use the cellphone I keep getting static
Dying 'cause they lying instead of telling us the truth (...)
Screwed 'cause they say they're coming back for us, too
but that was three days ago and I don't see no rescue(...)
Swam to the store, tryin' to look for food
Corner store's kinda flooded so I broke my way through
Got what I could but before I got through
News say the police shot a black man trying to loot.

Listen here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atrios doesn't load for me tonight, so I will give you my little comment.

This Walter Reed business is so like the last days of the soviet union, when people began to notice that nothing worked right. Not the elevators in buildings, not anything.

We are hollow and our shit is broken. We are only beginning to understand the extent of the hollowness--Katrina, mainly. Walter Reed, US Attorneys purged.

We've been fucked and we're still in denial.

SSoP, nuncamas

Anonymous said...

More like try to warn but like Cassandras weren't listened to.