CURRENT MOON

Thursday, May 10, 2007

My New Name For A Blog


What Sara Sutterfield Winn Said.

I’m greedy - I want biodiversity. Lots of it. I want it all. I want the riot of life to fill the world, and my body and soul, with all its ecstatic Truth. I want to be washed in the Spirit of the Mama. I push.

. . .

Whose side am I on? If I am on the side of relationships, of authentic diversity and raw, wild spirituality, how do I manifest this committment? How do I show the Mama - the World, that I fiercely love Her, that I fiercely love the rocks and the bees, the mountains and the mourning doves, the salamanders and the javelinas? When I speak, do monarch butterflies and precious orchids fall from my lips? When I speak, do toads and snakes rise up to praise me? When I speak, do I apologize for my love?


Sara goes on:

it’s all important. Work must be done on the larger scale. AND, it must also be done in the rich humus of our deepest souls, in the fabric and the weave of our spiritualities. It must be done up and in the thick of our worldviews. Given all this knowledge about our psychotic (literally) culture and the orgy of waste and death we are wallowing in - why are we not taking to the streets by the millions every single hour? Why aren’t we? Why aren’t we?

Our worldviews must shift and crack and turn. And it is in those places that these questions burn hard.

Whose side am I on?


Sara says that she's scared. I'm not scared. I know which side I'm on, and I'm on that side win, lose, or draw. I'm on the side of biodiversity. I'm on the side of the bees. I'm on the side of relationships. I'm on the side of Mother Earth. Sara's post reminds me of Derrick Jensen's rant (I just revised my will and made Jensen one of my residual heirs. That's how important I think his ideas are.) about knowing exactly what he wants. Jensen says:

I want to bring down civilization. I’m interested in living in a world that has more wild salmon every year than the year before. A world that has more migratory songbirds every year than the year before; a world that has less dioxins and flame retardants in mothers’ breast milk; a world that is not being destroyed; a world where krill populations aren’t collapsing; a world where there aren’t dead zones in the oceans; a world not being systematically dismantled. I want to live in a world that is not being killed, and I will do whatever it takes to get there. It is really clear that for the past 6000 years, civilization has been killing the planet. I’m on the planet’s side. Jensen goes on to discuss why hope can be a bad idea. And how liberating it can be to abandon it.

Sara, I would commit to demonstrate every Friday evening for the honeybees if anyone wants to join me. Maybe it will help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, sister. We stand on the same side together.

-S

Jen said...

The main-stream press is not reporting this but it seems that organic bee-keepers have not been affected by whatever is killing all the commercially-raised bees. See this link: http://www.correntewire.com/organic_bees_not_dying