CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hey, Republicans! I Have A Suggestion For You!


Four years ago, when Bush "won" his second term, there was no fucking end of discussion, both from the so-called liberal media and from Democrats, themselves, (I'm looking at you Harry Dry Powder Reid) about how Democrats needed to "learn how to reach out to 'people of faith'", to "talk about their faith," to "mend fences with 'value voters'", blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

The Republicans just had an epic loss, following a campaign where their entire strategy seemed to be to reach out to the batshit insane fundies (I'm looking at you, Palin) and to insult the religious beliefs and geographical origins of as many people as possible (I'm looking at you, lady at the McCain rally who said, "He's, he's, he's an Arab," and I'm especially looking at you, Liddy Dole.) So I'm wondering when I'll start to hear pundits and Republicans, themselves, talking about their need to distance themselves from the snake handlers, the cretins who don't believe in science, the ignoramuses who don't even know that Africa is a continent.

I'm not holding my breath.


Picture found here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the Biltmore Hotel counted the silver before she left.

K

Anonymous said...

I read a book about Brother Dewey and his snakehandler sect once.
Wish i still had it. It certainly explained quite a bit of the fundamentalista minndset (such as it is).