CURRENT MOON

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday Trakl Blogging


De Profundis

It is a stubble field, where a black rain is falling.
It is a brown tree, that stands alone.
It is a hissing wind, that encircles empty houses.
How melancholy the evening is.
A while later,
The soft orphan garners the sparse ears of corn.
Her eyes graze, round and golden, in the twilight
And her womb awaits the heavenly bridegroom.
On the way home
The shepherd found the sweet body
Decayed in a bush of thorns.
I am a shadow far from darkening villages.
I drank the silence of God
Out of the stream in the trees.
Cold metal walks on my forehead.
Spiders search for my heart.
It is a light that goes out in my mouth.
At night, I found myself on a pasture,
Covered with rubbish and the dust of stars.
In a hazel thicket
Angels of crystal rang out once more.

~Translated by James Wright and Robert Bly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for introducing me to yet another wonderfully talented Poet.

Dj Connell said...

I saw this Hecate doll and thought of you:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16030124

Blessed Samhain

Sia