CURRENT MOON

Friday, August 06, 2010

Friday Rain Blogging



We had a wonderful rain last night. It left the ground damp and the plants ecstatic. (Made weeding v easy!)

And I love to fall asleep to Summer rain.

Open the window, and let the air
Freshly blow upon face and hair,
And fill the room, as it fills the night,
With the breath of the rain's sweet might.
Hark! the burthen, swift and prone!
And how the odorous limes are blown!
Stormy Love's abroad, and keeps
Hopeful coil for gentle sleeps.

Not a blink shall burn to-night
In my chamber, of sordid light;
Nought will I have, not a window-pane,
'Twixt me and the air and the great good rain,
Which ever shall sing me sharp lullabies;
And God's own darkness shall close mine eyes;
And I will sleep, with all things blest,
In the pure earth-shadow of natural rest."

- James Henry Leigh Hunt, A Night Rain in Summer

No comments: